Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Maya Devi

Maya Devi is very powerful because She traps everything; everybody gets trapped in it. Even saints get trapped in it but the saints know their goal. The yogis, the sadhus, the persons who are enlightened, they know their goal, they know what they want. They know what is real, what they desire inside of themselves. This is what is real: to show what you really want, what your heart wants; to listen deep inside of you, to be free from the misery of this world. I don’t mean that you have to die. You can become a jivan mukti. You can live in this world but, at the same time, not be a part of this world. Then you can have happiness. You will discover it, you will enjoy it, you will know about it.

For that, there are many ways. There’s prayer, which helps to calm the mind. There’s bhajan, singing, which will give you bliss; you can lose yourself in it and you develop bhakti inside you. But still, this is not fulfillment. It’s through meditation that you can really come to the power of complete fulfillment.

Sri Swami Vishwananda

Relinquishing Maya Devi for the Divine: (Taken from “Blossoming of the Heart)

“…this quest led me to spend 30 years on my spiritual journey, hoping to find a teacher who would and could lead me to achieve enlightenment in this lifetime…”

July 2, 2005: “…I sat as close to the chair obviously prepared for Swami Vishwananda as I could. When he came in and sat down, love radiated from him. I felt I could be safe for the rest of my life.

“Swami led us in chanting for a short time and then he gave darshan. As I knelt in front of him and looked into his eyes, I started trembling with shakti rushing through my body. I experienced profound peace, stillness and a presence I had never felt before as love poured through me. I returned to my seat and went into a deep meditation. I heard the words: “This is the one for whom you have been searching.”

VIDEO: The Universe is an illusion, But Consciousness Isn't

No comments: