Thursday, December 10, 2009

No Greater Thing Than This

Swami Vishwananda Blessing In Darshan












Gurudev
tells a story of a certain saint who was asked, “We hear that you use seven flowers when you pray. So that we may provide the proper ones, which seven flowers do you use?” The saint replied, “Yes, I use seven flowers to pray, but these seven flowers I want each one of you to give to me are: truthfulness, love, service to people, prayer, devotion, loyalty, and control of the senses through controlling the mind. If somebody gives these to God, he gives them to himself and God will be pleased. There is no greater thing than this.” Swami says that story reminds Him of what Krishna said in the Bhagavad Gita, “If somebody offers to me even a small leaf with love from the heart, I shall accept it."

Maha Lakshmi

Maha Lakshmi recently said:
"Don’t you long for the freedom of existing forever in a form of light? This is the reward you give yourself when you have controlled the mind."





Jagadguru Mahavatar Babaji

Babaji recently said:
“. . . to reach liberation one must “die mind,” that is to control the mind or symbolically to let the mind die."





"Those who are unconquered in spirit are the real successes in life. If you can so train or condition your mind that you are content regardless of what you have or do not have, and if you can stand the challenge of all your trials and remain calm-that is true happiness." -Paramahansa Yogananda (1893 - 1952)

1 comment:

Vishwananda-Swamini Vishwalakshmianandama said...

Dear Dakshini,
Pertaining to your comment on yesterday's post: I have been fasinated with the photo of Gurudev I placed on that post since Drishti sent it along with Swami's request that we place His "No Gift Request" on all Blogs.

I felt there was something mystical, magical about the photo, but could not "see" what it was with the physical eyes. I knew I was seeing something about it "with the eyes of the heart" that Gurudev tells us about often, but I could not put into words what I was "seeing and feeling about the photo."

Thank you for the information of where the photo was taken and the circumstances under which it was taken. In truth, I searched the internet for a picture of Mother Mary to "match" the color and "tone" of the picture of Swami. Now I know why! Gurudev, continually creates these "magical moments" for us. It is His Divine Love expressed in tangible form, I think. Thank you!